Shemane shares transformational tips, tricks and tools to help you on your journey to happier, healthier living. Check out her free online programs and intensive online workshops that will help you get fit fast, conquer your fears, emotional obstacles and overcome tragedies and setbacks at www.shemanenugent.rocks.
Today’s show is part three of a multipart deep dive into the power of the mind with guest Clare Loughrige, a certified enneagram instructor, pastor, and author. They discuss what Shemane calls the best personal development tool she has ever found — the enneagram!
In this episode Clare describes the three heart types, from number 2’s being the helpers and caregivers, 3’s being the producers and effective ones to 4’s that give us the artistry of God. If you haven’t taken the test yet to see what type you are go to www.wepss.com so that you can discern which type you are.
If you haven’t listened to the first three episodes you may want to go back and start there. Clare gives us wonderful information and insight and you won’t want to miss any of it! Each episode builds on the first.
Don’t miss the next few weeks with Shemane and Clare as they go deep into the mind and teach us the tools we need to listen more intently to who we are and why we’re here.
- [00:30] Clare Loughrige gives us a basic recap of the enneagram triads
- [01:52] Clare tells us about type 2 in the heart triad; the helper/caregiver. Twos show us God’s love. When they are not healthy it can be like an addiction to love.
- [07:05] Shemane and Clare discuss the need to be loved.
- [11:00] Clare discusses the 2 types of attachment in the attachment theory; disordered attachment and secure attachment.
- [11:53] Clare speaks to us about type 3, the effective types. They produce things like intimacy, they’re charming when they are healthy, but when they are unhealthy – in their false self- they will become whatever is needed in the moment, and they can lose themselves.
- [17:20] Clare explains type 4, they are the original types, they give us the artistry of God and beauty, they are looking for depth. When they are unhealthy they can get into manic depression and unable to see the bright side of life.
- [21:12] If you haven’t listened to the 3 previous episodes on the enneagram, please go back and listen to them so you get all of this great information.
FIND SHEMANE ON:
- Shemane Nugent
- Shemane on Facebook
- Shemane on Instagram
- Shemane on Twitter
- Shemane on Pinterest
- Shemane on Youtube
- The Enneagram Personality Styles a Tool for Self Knowledge and Spiritual Transformation
- Motions of the Soul
- Spiritual Rhythms for the Enneagrams
- Clare & Scott Loughrige
- The Enneagram Institute
- Spiritual Rythms For The Enneagram
- Clare Loughrige
- Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation (Transforming Resources)
“I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was thirsty you gave me to drink, I was naked and you clothed me, I was in prison and you visited me, and when you’ve done this for the least of these, you’ve done it for me.” – Jesus
“So beauty doesn’t always have to be beautiful in it’s perfection but even a mask can be beautiful.” – Clare Loughrige
“There is no joy without having experienced sorrow. there is no appreciation for health if we have not been sick so the pain matters.” – Clare Loughrige